It has been almost 4 years since the first GibbsStudio release and during this time multiple teams have been using GibbsStudio in scientific publications. Here are some of the publicly available scientific works that make use of GibbsStudio for for their calculations and graphs:
- S. Armengol, C. Ayora, M. Manzano, S.A. Bea, S. Martínez, The role of loess weathering in the groundwater chemistry of the Chaco-Pampean Plain (Argentina), Journal of Hydrology, Volume 587, 2020, 124984, ISSN 0022-1694, DOI.
- Reed, D.T., Coli, E., Garcia, D. and Duro, L., Systematic Calculation of Pu Pourbaix Diagrams: Modelling Support for the LANL ACRSP Team (No. LA-UR-20-26859). 2020. Los Alamos National Lab.(LANL), Los Alamos, NM (United States).
- Szenknect, S., Alby, D., García, M.L., Wang, C., Podor, R., Miserque, F., Mesbah, A., Duro, L., Evins, L.Z., Dacheux, N. and Bruno, J., Coffinite formation from UO 2+ x. Scientific reports, 2020. 10(1), pp.1-10.
- Ramon Mercedes-Martín, Carlos Ayora, Jordi Tritlla, Mónica Sánchez-Román, The hydrochemical evolution of alkaline volcanic lakes: a model to understand the South Atlantic Pre-salt mineral assemblages, Earth-Science Reviews, Volume 198, 2019, 102938, ISSN 0012-8252, .DOI.
We are very grateful to all these early adopters authors for their help in identifying important new functionalities and fixes pushing the program forward. GibbsStudio would not be as complete as it is without their feedback!
We would like to give special thanks to Carles Ayora from IDAEA-CSIC, who was the first user in 2017 and the first to see the potential of the software. He proposed to take advantage of the GibbsStudio input parameterization in the (Sandra Armengol et al. 2020) and (Mercedes-Martín et al. 2019) publications. Here is a plot from (Mercedes-Martín et al. 2019).
We also would like to thank the geochemical team of Amphos21, a well known player in the advanced geochemical modelling field. They have been pushing the capabilities of predominance plots, reporting bugs and providing valuable user feedback. See the (Reed et al.2020) and (Szenknect et al. 2020) publications to see some of their generated plots.
For your own publications, we would recommend the use of the following citation:
- Nardi, A. de Vries, L.M. (2017). GibbsStudio, Barcelona Science Technologies SL, Barcelona, Spain. Retrieved from https://gibbsstudio.io/
And if you use GibbsStudio in your publications, we would love to hear from you! Your opinions/suggestions/comments are very welcome!